We don't know how long he will be in the hospital again or if Dr. Bonis will try to get us back up north before his scheduled January return. We had an appointment with Dr. Bonis Monday morning so we don't know if he will be able to come to the hospital tomorrow or not. We don't know much at this time but what we do know is WE'RE BACK!!!!
Just after we left UCSF we got some hard news from Dennis' family. To quote his blog
"After long discussions with the doctors, nurses, and between ourselves, Dennis has chosen not to receive the transplant and to return home to Alaska. Not the course we were hoping for when we left Eagle River in September, but a course we always knew was a possibility.
We continue to send our love and prayers of comfort to Dennis and his family. We miss them so much and we were extremely saddened not to be there when they made this extremely hard decision.