Sunday, March 21, 2010

A Chaplain, 2 Elders & An Ex-Bishop Walk Into A Hospital Room

So the hospital offers spiritual support to it's patients through Chaplains. Kevin has seen many throughout his many visits and enjoys sharing his knowledge of the gospel with them and the miracle's we have seen in these past months. The woman Chaplain that came by Friday mentioned that they have a few that play the guitar and sing if we would like that...heck ya! Mormons love a good sing-a-long, hahaha. Yesterday Aaron came by and the party started. He played and sang 5 or 6 songs and it was a lot of fun for everyone.
Bob Dylan Rolling Stone
  
Simon & Garfunkel Homeward Bound
Today seemed to be a tinny step backwards, more diarrhea, time with "Pepe la puke," and he still can't eat much. We are so excited to get outta here soon but we also don't want to rush it. We thought that it was about time to get another blessing so we started calling local buildings to see if someone was nearby. A couple hours later Mark & Matt showed up.
Small world I (Hillary) met Matt at a single camp in Sept. it was weird to look up and see a familiar face. We expect Kevin to make some big improvements this week and for us to be home soon because we miss our friends!

5 comments:

  1. Meow Matt.
    Hillary, fate has walked through your door. Ok, maybe your dad's hospital room is not a meat market.
    I am so glad that Kevin is getting better. I am so glad that he will not be doing another transplant! It looks and sounds like torture.
    You guys are a great inspiration to us. Keep up the good work.


    Love,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. The impromptu hootenanny was GREAT -I could definitely hear KR's harmonies on Homeward Bound. Thank you for sharing. Looked like it took the edge off the returning nausea.
    Hope you are on the way home soon, and continue on the road to recovery. Hugs and prayers, Unca Rick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man I'm a sucker for a preacher with a guitar...maybe next time you could invite me to the sing along...I'm mean something good should come from all this:).Love you guys. I'm praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Kevin I'm back in the church. I simply could no longer deceive myself into thinking there was something better. I did a lot of studying and praying, but I think the prayers of so many wonderful people did most of the work for me. So while you are experiencing all these wonderful miracles there was still some left for me. Love you and think about you a lot. Thanks for your prayers. As is turned out I guess I was fooling no one. Everyone seemed to feel that I would be back and they gave me the most wonderful welcome. Keep up the great work and I look forward to seeing you sometime soon.

    Ed Eurich
    That St George guy

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was awesome!! It made me smile! You all are amazing.

    ReplyDelete