Thursday, June 10, 2010

BIOPSY RESULTS

Dr. Malone called and let us know that the preliminary pathology reports from the bone marrow biopsy on Monday are negative for the presence of cancer.  Which is positively a positive thing.  We have to wait until the results come back from the out of state lab about the enzyme and protein tests, but he expects those to be clear of cancer indicators as well.  So for now I continue taking my Revlamid and hope that the headaches, body aches, nausea and digestive problems work themselves out as my body re-adjusts to having chemo coursing through me.

I also had my annual melanoma checkup with my dermatologist yesterday.  Had two  pre-cancers burned off and one uglier one burned off that we need to keep an eye on.  All in all, another good report.

After my appointment with the Doctor, I had a great visit with Randy Jorgensen who took me out for lunch at the 'Grad' in SLO.  The place hasn't changed a bit in the decade or decades since I was last there.  But they do have a good lunch menu.  Thanks Randy.

So good news from every angle today.  I'm looking forward to my continued recovery.  We'll have to take another photo of me and my beginnings of new hair.  It's coming in salt and pepper.  Slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment